Your privacy is as important to us as it is to you. Our Personal Privacy, Dignity and Confidentiality Policy outlines how we ensure the privacy of our clients, including how we manage personal information.
At Aus-Ability WA, will:
- Tell you how we keep and use your personal information
- Follow Australian privacy laws
- Answer any questions you have about privacy at Aus-Ability WA
- Talk to you about any complaints you have about privacy
Personal information is any information that can tell us who you are. Some examples are:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your birthday
Health information is personal information about your health. Some examples are:
- Reports from doctors
- Reports from other therapists or health professionals
- Information from other health or therapy services
Sensitive information is personal information about:
- Your race
- Your culture
- Your religion
We only keep the information that we need. When we ask for your personal information we will tell you why we need it.
Some of the reasons we keep personal information are to:
- Check that you are eligible to receive services.
- Understand what support you need.
- Provide reports to the organisations that provide funding to Aus-Ability WA.
- What happens if I do not provide my personal information?
If you don’t provide the personal information we need, we may not be able to provide services.
We will talk to you and ask you to complete forms where needed. If you allow us to, we will also ask for information from other health services that support you. We need your consent to do so.
We keep your personal information safe. Only the people who need to see it will see it. If you stop receiving services, we make sure your personal information remains safe.
Sometimes sharing information with other health or community services can help us better plan services for you. We will only do this if you agree. Sometimes we may be required to share personal information for safety or legal reasons.
If you want to see what personal information, we are keeping in order to provide services for you, please speak to your coordinator, or email email@example.com
You can update your details by contacting your coordinator or email firstname.lastname@example.org